1. Have fun, engage, develop friendships and be accountable. This program and our forum is about community. The more you embrace this, the more you will personally get out of the experience.
2. Share your own personal journey and experiences as they relate to the lessons we are currently engaged in within the program.
3. Be courteous and speak kindly of all. Keep your attention on your own journey and your own process of transformation first and foremost. Offer encouragement feely to others along with your full support, and please refrain from offering advice and opinions. Any blatantly offensive comments or outright negativity will not be tolerated and will forfeit your inclusion in the group. Here we play nicely!
4. Be 100% accountable for your own journey and wellbeing throughout the program. Although this is a highly transformative experience, it is not a substitute for integrative personal therapy or private coaching in the areas you feel you need it most. If you find yourself experiencing difficult emotions or any overwhelming challenge, transition or change that is hard to manage on your own, you are asked to seek additional support rather than posting about such intense experiences on the forum. If at any time you feel the need for a personal coach or private session, feel free to contact us.
5. Honor the confidentiality of your fellow course participants. Our utmost agreed upon intention is to relate to others only in ways that build respect, confidence, trust and appreciation. We all agree to honor the brave vulnerability of those who share with us here. While engaged in the forum and beyond, we agree to never reveal the identity of another participant or duplicate their postings without the written permission of the author of the post.
6. Abstain from all substances, such as alcohol or unprescribed drugs, while you are actively participating in the forum, or in our Live Course Sessions. Maureen also highly recommends that you refrain from the use of drugs/alcohol entirely for the duration of the program. You want to be entirely present for this experience!
7. Vow to realize your own individual importance and the effect you can have on others. You are more significant than you think! Your presence (even while silent) can generate greater love, cohesion, safety and joy for the collective participants of the Food: A Love Story program. Never underestimate your power to foster the learning of the group as you honor the above-mentioned agreements.
Thank you for your willingness, love and presence!